Friday, December 10, 2010

Finals!

It is now finals time in college. That special time that happens only twice a year where students are on edge (even more so than normal coffee/energy drink offcianados) because we are all attempting to pretend we learned something in our classes.

Really though, how much of what we test on do we honestly remember? I don't do well when it comes to taking tests in most subjects, but I do retain a lot of information proving that I actually learn. Just when it comes to tests I have test anxiety, and that really doesn't do well with grades.

Anyways, enough rambling, this is just a really hectic couple of weeks, and everyone is just a little more crabby than usual. Just remember-grades are just a means to an end, and that in the long run, after you get a job and are an adult in "The Real World" it is more about what you learned in your college experiences, rather than how you were graded. That knowledge alone keeps me plugging through the runs of society.

So chin up! This (college thing) too will pass!

2 comments:

  1. See, that's the difference in being an art/architecture major. When you do hit Finals Week, you are slowing down. The big battle is in Dead Week when you have to present your projects. Regardless of my ramblings though, good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, my coworker has been talking to me about this. she had all of her projects due in dead week and then the critiques. At least having a performance piece you get an extra week...so woo?

    ReplyDelete