Sunday, April 24, 2011

Here we are

Here we are, down to dead week and the end of another semester. To those who it's their first year complete: congratulations on beating the majority of the world, you are part of the top 25% educated people in the world. To those who have a couple years or more under your belt- you are now that much closer to a better life. My thoughts on this year: was tough, was different, was rewarding.

Highlights for me:
-Sang in choir for the first time, was great.
-Was given seniority within my ensembles as a saxophonist
-Hired by a "professional" band to play the bari
-Told Jazz will go to China next year, kaching!
-Second year with the most wonderful gf ever!
-Learning to deal with some people who can act as social poison to those you care about
-Learned to live with TWO girls
-Had a Recital!
-Went to my first Opera
-Learned about Opera and Vocal rep in some very detailed manners.
-Made some great friends, who I hope to see over the summer
-Sang with an orchestra, big deal!
-Bought a bunch of tweed/sports jackets, ya!
-Got a cat, don't mind it too much
-Worked 30hours a week ontop of 5 ensembles and full time student status; I now know I can do anything.

That is basically it for this year. Though to be fair, there are probably a lot of other things I havn't mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment