Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sittin' around

So here I am. Sitting outside the Board Room with my bari at our local Clarion Inn, watching costumed caterpillars and handbag flamingos wander about. Blue dressed blondes and bunny eared waiters...yup, it's another fund raiser with Band on Demand. This time it's a Through the Looking Glass theme, and about as organized as Wonderland ever was.
For those in the know, I am an individual who believes in giving charitably, but money is preciously little for any undergrad, so in order to give back to my community, I must conceive of some volunteer event. Low and behold, there is a band which performs regular volunteer events, and they asked me to be their bari player. Anything to keep playing, right? So this is my way of giving back what precious little I can while in college. The best part? The funds go to the Civic Symphony! You can take that as you wish, but it goes directly back to a community I have been involved with for years.
So that's my schpiel. Go do something charitable, help your community, it in return will make that community that much stronger. And when you live in the sticks, that's important.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment