Monday, February 14, 2011

Once upon a dreary midnight

Those of you who don't know me, I work late nights. Not a true graveyard, just until midnight on weeknights. This open time of work (thank god for work study...) gives me plenty of time to start pet projects. My latest is trying to learn how to use music editing software. I run into quite a few snags on this project for a few reasons.
1) My computer is a piece of shit. Even when I bought it it wasn't up to technological specs. But, the impatient get second rate things I suppose.

2) These programs are freaking expensive, and I'm rediculously poor. For obvious reasons, this makes learning how to efficiently use these programs nearly impossible. Though I guess I shouldn't complain, the freeware teaches the basics, which are needed.

3) Time restraints! I am still in college, and I can't allow myself to become consumed by these pet projects so much, but I like to get carried away.

4) I don't know how to use a lot of the features. I'm a newb, I'm willing to admit it.

So that is just my newest fascination, but I love it a lot, being able to just create at will, that is art!

No comments:

Post a Comment