Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Standing the Test of Time


So, I think i know how an artist is really one that I like. Unfortunately it takes me years to really decide (I mean, I can like a band/group/artist in the short term aka "right now" but then things can get boring, so I'm talking long term liking of an artist). It has to do with why I liked them in the first place, catchy tune, cool style, artistic statement... then, when out of the blue a long time later (those years I was talking about) I start getting those songs in my head, and like them, I know I like the artist (or song I suppose...). A lot of this has to do with how I grow and learn as an individual, as well as a musician, and am able to understand and interpret the song/artist.

It seems silly, but I think it is a good post mark of how far I've come in a time. Just my thought for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment